Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Winter?

Lord I hate winter. I didn't used to. I used to love winter-no sweating like in the summer! I used to love being a little chilly. But you lose a layer of insulation (or 'fat'), and the winter becomes horrible. I'm cold. all. the. time. except in a hot shower, or in bed. And it's making me want to not get out of bed. For anything. At all. But I do-because it's just not right to hibernate.

I went to Lititz tonight, where Aaron's Books had their Knit & Needle night. It was super fun! I wasn't planning on going, simply because I didn't have time. But-I went with wet hair, skipped half my walking, have no lunch food for tomorrow, need to get gas, am in need of a shower, and I'm going out again tomorrow! No-I didn't have time to go out tonight. But the only way to get rid of the winter blues is to get the hell out of the house. And come hell or whatever-I was going to get out tonight. And I did, and it was fun! I'm super glad I went!

Now that Christmas knitting is over, I've been working on the Irish Hiking Scarf (Picture soon!), and the blue hoodie sweater, which is taking forever cause I just want it to be done. Ann's got my yarn for the next sweater, and I promised myself I can't start it until I finish this one!

The new work place is going good. I fit right in with that crowd! :) No-really-it's a great group of people, and the work is interesting enough to make the day fly. And I made an email friend there, so I have someone to talk to. I kind of sit by myself. In order to talk to anyone, someone has to come over to me, or I have to get up and go to where they are. I don't mind, but I always worry about the boss thinking I'm not working. Probably from past experience working at the crappy place a few years ago.

I think I might go for some retail therapy this weekend at the mall to chase away my winter blues. I really need a new pair of walking shoes, and maybe some new clothes would be nice too. I really hate shopping for clothes, but it's starting to get fun again. ;) Nice to get into that smaller size!

So I'm going to head off to bed-I have to make sure I start making up for the lost treadmill time. I fully intend to add on the milage I didn't do today. The only thing that sucks is the treadmill is in the cold basement. Good in the summer-horrible in the winter. But it must be done, so it is what it is.

Happy Knitting.

P.S. Boys fucking suck. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I should hold your yarn hostage??? Glad you are getting out enough for both of us!!