Monday, May 28, 2007

Welcome

Hello! I hope you're settled in! I'm having an issue. I can't seem to get an image posted. But-no fear! I will keep trying!

So, The electric in my house went off last night for five looonngg hours! I used the opportunity to knit by lantern light. And a little bit of candlelight. Who knew candles flickered so much? Kind of hard to concentrate. I kept flinching. So-out came the lantern. I got a lot done on my top-down sweater, through. And it's been a project that has been a little boring for me, so I was pleased that I did so much. And the lights finally came back on at 1 A.M. It was a long night.

But it got me thinking. Even me-who doesn't live by the TV or the computer, or video games, or anything. I was bored. out. of. my. mind. It was the silence that got to me. Afterall, I was doing what I normally do in my down time-I was knitting. But it was sooo quiet. Now-I live in the sticks, don't get me wrong, it's pretty quiet here anyway. But there was just something about the silence of a blackout that was unnerving. It was a long night.

And this morning, I got up, and went to Circuit City to get myself a new digital camera (still having issues. Bitches.) which was on sale. $130 with a free memory card. Smokin' deal! As is typical in my life, the sales people rang it up wrong, and I had to go to customer service to get it all sorted out. Pain in my ass, but I'm kind of used to it because I can't go anywhere without some type of episode. But I will say that I handle these things well. I didn't get upset, I did not cause a scene, I was very gracious and understading. The lady behind me, however, was more then a little hos-tile. Muttering "This is crazy" will not solve my problem any faster, I can assure you. Besides the fact that no one was even around before I was helped-I had to roll my ass to another register to get help. Now. You'd think she'd have done the same. Not so much. Some people cause their own hostility.

And now I am going to work on my sweater before meeting my friend Wen at B&N for some hardcore chatting and knitting.

Happy Memorial Day!!

1 comment:

Wen said...

I'm so happy you're blogging!! Yeah!