Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Sweater


The Sweater
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
This is the sad little thing that will one day become a sweater. Right now it's just a sad thing that had to be frogged and restarted. I have discovered something about my knitting. Something not good, and something I certainly should have known by now. We all know that I knit tight, but did you know that I purl loose? The resulting fabric is.......how to discribe it? You know the "V" that makes up the stitch? Well, imagine one side of the V as very tight, and the other as very loose. It creates vertical lines, and it doesn't look like little v's at all. And I want my knitting look like little v's all lined up together. So what is the solution? Do I try to knit looser or purl tighter?

A question to ponder while I go have Taco night!!!

Happy knitting!!

No comments: