Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend of Discovery

Sadly-no pictures. My recent FOs are Christmas presents, and that's that.

But it has been an interesting weekend in my little world.

The discoveries:

1. On Friday night, I finished a sock, and discovered that the round toe will be the only toe decrease I use from now on. (Except on my Trekking sock-I already have one done, so......) It looks sooooo good. So much better then the crocodile effect I was getting before. (While we're speaking of Friday-got another Christmas present done!! Squeee!!!)

2. Yesterday, from 9am until 1am this morning I read the new Harry Potter book. The whole thing. So I've discovered how the story ends. (No hints-read it yourself!)

3. And today....today was a great day. I discovered podcasts. Ohh....podcasts. Where-for FREE!-I can download people talking about everything knitting. I load it onto my MP3 player, and listen to it while I knit the boring parts. You know how-like at SnB or knit nights, just sitting and even just listening to people talk about this stitch or that pattern book, or a story about a project gone bad (or good) just gets you in that mood. That "Yes-I am a knitter, and I love it so much that just to hear people speak on the subject has my hands twitching for them needles." Now-I have previously thought I was becoming an audio book person-which I think I still am, but to sit and listen to these podcasts, it just gets my hands flying! I can't say too much-but there is a certain thing that has gone faster for me this afternoon then it has ever gone. Seriously. Before I knew it-I was past the sucky-boring part, and onto the boring part. And I was a little shocked to discover the quickness of it. I have the podcasts to thank for that!!

Anywho-that's been my weekend. And tomorrow brings another day of waiting........back to work. Sigh.

But-it could also be a knit night, and that would be cool!

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Wen said...

Yay for FO's!!!! Woowoo!

You and your podcasts. Wen <-- JEALOUS!!!