Monday, October 15, 2007

Well. Hmpf!


Yarn
Originally uploaded by KnitTurtle
Yup. Yarn. I bought this at Stitches on Saturday. And I keep pulling it out to look at. Yes-it's still in this closed bag. I have not actually fondled it. I just keep looking at it. This purchase marks the start of something that could get very out of hand.

A Stash.

Yup-I bought yarn that I do not have a pattern or specific idea for. That is how one starts a stash. And I did it. I feel like there should be special meetings for this type of thing. Addiction comes in all sorts of vices. And it starts slow.....I see that now.

First, it's a special deal(I got this from Webs for 20% off.), and then exscuses......'I plan on making a v-neck sweater when I get my hoodie done, and I was planning for it to be green.....'

Suddenly the yarn fumes have overwhelmed you, and you're found one day in a pile of yarn rocking back and forth chanting "so soft...on sale....I have a pattern somewhere...."

You see? You can't let this kind of thing get out of hand.

And this is not the only thing I bought-although my other purchases are not of the 'I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-going-to-knit-with-this-it's-on-sale' variety. I got sock yarn-which we all know does not count as stash yarn, and some patterns, and magnets for my car, and notions notions notions!! YAY!

I truly did spend a lot of money, but I also got gifts for my secret people, and that was my main goal. So really-other then the above mentioned yarn-I did really good.

And it was sooo fun! It was nice to see yarns that I've only heard about, and be able to fondle yarns that I keep hearing are sooo soft!

So that's it for now-I'm still recovering! Had to take a day off work becuase I just knew I would need more recovery time then just one day! And I was right.

Ok-I'm gonna go pull out that yarn again and just look at it(cause I'm crazy--shhh!).

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Wen said...

A STASH!!!

(falls off chair laughing)