Sunday, September 16, 2007

First Place!


First Place!
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
These are my Jaywalkers! Entered in the very small Denver Fair. This is a much better picture then I posted before. The colors are more true.

So, yes, I went to the Denver fair yesterday. There were Alpacas at the free petting zoo. I was standing there, and I thought "I wonder if anyone sneaks in some clippers to grab some of that fur when no one's looking!"

But it was fun, and I ate wonderful fair food...yum!!! I even had a fried Oreo.

It's fair season here. And for the next month, each very small town takes it's turn. Denver is over. Next is Ephrata, I think. Then New Holland. YAY for fair season!!

I had an extreme disappointment last night. One that I have to say I have not yet encountered. I finished a mitten. (YAY!) And it is waaayyyy too small. I am a fairly new knitter, and up to this point, most of what I've made has worked out just fine when it was finished. Bags-if they were small, they were just smaller than the pattern said. Socks-they stretch, and really it wasn't that bad. Dishcloths-well who the hell cares if they're an inch smaller then the pattern calls for?? A sweater-still wearable.

Ok-I see a pattern here. Everything I make is too small. I think I need to move up another needle size when I knit.....anything. But the mittens will not work out as is. When you stretch a mitten out, you get holes, defeating the purpose of keeping your hands warm. In my defense of all this-the pattern I used had no gauge. And no measurments, finished or otherwise.

Bitches.

I have other mitten patterns though. I'm just assed up because I think of it as wasted time. Maybe I am more product knitter then process knitter.

Sigh.

So today I'll probably work on a little bit of everything as I try to figure out which mitten pattern to try next.

And tomorrow I'm sending out another package to my Secret Pal! YAY!!!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments: