Saturday, September 1, 2007

Jaywalker in STR


Jaywalker in STR
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
One down! The colorway is Seal Rock, and I picked it up at Maryland Sheep & Wool. It looks awesome! And it's medium weight, so it'll be a nice winter sock. These will be gifted to my Mom for Christmas. And I'm about 3 and 1/2 inches into the second one. Then it's on to mittens!

Anywho. Happy September!! This weekend marks the unoffical end of summer, and I gotta say-I'm ready for fall. That coolness in the air, the crisp fall air that begs for a sweater. Ahhh...I love it!

So yesterday. First, I went to Green Dragon, which is a flea market/farmers market/fair/find-anything-you-ever-needed-or-thought-of kind of place. I even saw an iPod for $40. Yeah. It's that kind of place. It is HUGE! It's only open on Fridays, and very close to my house. I bought 3 bras for $10. Good stuff. And I got the best parking space EVER!! It was good times.

Then I went to Staples and got both of my Sensational Socks books spiral bound. My total bill was $4.22!!!! Going to get all my softcover books done!

Then I went and got pictures developed off my digital camera. Some of them came out grain-y. Not sure what that's about, but now I can start on my Knitting Journal!!

Then, then!!! I went to Yarn Gallery

It was awesome!! Located in West Reading. The ladies there are super nice, and I got some stuff for my secret pal. And maybe some sock yarn for me! I also found a cool sweater pattern, and a book I had been looking at for 50% off!! YAY!!! I will certainly be back.

I sort of forget that there are so many yarn shops just a short drive away. It took me 15 minutes to get to Yarn Gallery, and I had never been. There is also a yarn shop about 5 minutes from my house, and I rarely go there. It's because I'm not a stasher. I go to a yarn shop if I need something specific. Like yesterday, I needed a contrasting color for the mittens. Granted, I found a bunch of other stuff, but my total bill was still only $36. They have a lot of clearence yarns. In fact, the sock yarn I bought was on clearance. I really liked the shop, and they had loads of lovely yarn, but......I'm just not a stasher.

So today, I will be working on my second Jaywalker. I'm getting closer to meeting my Christmas goals. I'm now down to 21 washcloths, about 3/4 of the Jaywalker to do, a set of mittens, a cabled headband, a hat for my brother(which I already have the pattern for), and.....well, maybe another pair of socks for Mom. And I think that's it. I also really want to work on my sweater! But I also don't want to be up until all hours on Christmas Eve knittin' away. And something else is bound to come up-because it always does.

So that's it. On to the Jaywalker.....................

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Wen said...

You crack me up! I'm so glad you found some good deals... but super jealous of course! How can you go to these places without me?!?!