Saturday, September 8, 2007

An unexpected Day


Jaywalkers-Done!
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
Hey! I finished the Jaywalkers! YAY!!! And I haven't cast on for anythin g else(yet). The second one went smoothly, and took about 2 weeks or so.

So today. Let me just say this-up until at least yesterday morning, my plan was to sleep in, laze around, eventually go to the grocery, and just knit like hell all day.

Well. Let me tell you what I actually did.

I got up at the sound of my alarm, (on a Saturday!!), I took a walk up the road, then I went to Olde Peddler Wools in Morgantown, and knit from 10 am to 2 pm. They have a group that meets on the second Saturday of each month. It was fun-they are a great group of ladies, and I will certainly be back!
And yes, I bought some yarn. But it is for my brother's hat (Christmas gift), and therefore doesn't count. And I get bonus points for not buying any sock yarn!

So after I left there, I came home, then went to the grocery. Which happens to be next to the chinese place, so it was chinese Saturday. Then I came home again, then I went to a party. Danced, had a beverage, etc. It was good times! Sadly, it's 9pm, and I'm home. The party is at a house across the street from us, and I didn't know anyone except my parents. So. Here I sit at home on a Saturday night. Again.

But in a way-it feels good to be home because I was out running around all day.

So now I can cast on Mom's socks and start the mittens. And it better not get screwed up just because I had a beverage. These things can affect you ya know.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! the jays are done. I have to say the pic doesn't do the color justice - but I know they look great!!

Wen said...

I agree with Ann, the pic doesn't do them justice. Fantastic job! I love them... can't wait to see what you picked out for the hat.