Monday, September 3, 2007

Yarn Shop Whore (And how I got this way)


Mom's Sock Yarn
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
So I was all settled in on Friday. Me and my super long weekend. Then I got up Saturday and figured I' d go to Staples, and get the rest of my soft cover knitting books spiral bound. And hey-isn't there a yarn shop along the way? Hmm..maybe I'll stop. And if I stop at a yarn store I can't not buy anything. Sooo...$7.50 and a knitters notebook that I really didn't need later, I realized that maybe I have a yarn store problem.
Then, I got home. My mother had gone to The Mannings . And although I had know she was going, I was under the impression that she wanted one book, and that she had emailed, and they said they had it. So she went to pick it up. This is where it gets tricky. Mom is a product crafter. She sees something she likes, and she does whatever crafty thing she needs to do to get the finished product. I have seen her do this with a knitted hat, a crocheted scarf, a plastic canvas wallhanging, a quilt, a Halloween costume(Raggedy Ann and Andy(she went as Andy)), Christmas tree ornaments in various styles, a scrapbook, etc.,
Maybe the yarn fumes got to her or something. She came back with not only the book she went for (on Shadow knitting), but also a book on cables, a book on Aran designs, the sock yarn seen above (for me to knit her some socks), and something else......another book maybe? I'm blanking. (A pattern! That's what else-sorry!)

This must be where I get my yarn store problem from. It's in my DNA.

So anywho! I've been knitting all weekend, and I'm part-way down the foot of the second Jaywalker. I worked on the sweater a little, and I started the September dishcloth. (SnB KAL)

I'm sending my Secret Pal another package tomorrow! YAY! I love shopping for gifts to send. Gives me an exscuse to go to the yarn stores! ;)

That's about it. Back to work tomorrow. (eh) And good-bye summer! (Hello Fall! We missed ya!)


Happy Knitting!

No comments: