Saturday, June 9, 2007

KIP Day


DSC00029
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
Happy Knit In Public Day!!! I traveled to Newark, Delaware today to participate in their offical KIP Day! It was so fun, and the first 50 people got this free goodie bag! It also included a pattern for the yarn!

I had such a good time! First, I met up with the girls at an Irish pub/resturant and had some kick ass foods, then I went around the corner to Stitches with Style-a great yarn store that had loads and loads of-well-everything. Yarn, books, notions, bags, ect. I bought a super cute Lantern Moon sock bag, and a skein of Sockotta yarn. (Really-who can't use more sock yarn?) And we just sat, and knitted, and chatted, and there was a Dunkin Donuts in the same shopping plaza, and I got a coffee coolatta thingy. Yum! And it was just such a great day. They are talking about doing something like that once a month or so. I'd go! It was only an hour and a half drive. (I may or may not have gotten lost-but only once!) I missed the shopping center and had to turn around, but I had only gone a couple of miles past it. I happen to be talking to my sister at the time, so she got the brunt of my freak out. Lucky her. So really it took me longer to get there then to get home, but still it wasn't bad.

That was my day! I decided very late last night to go, and Mapquested the directions this morning. It was super last minute, but I'm really glad I went. I had such a good time! Although, I really should have gotten pictures while I was there, but you'll have this. Oh, and I got lots done on both my Trekking sock, and my sweater.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Wen said...

Dragging my butt on blog reading here. I love that little bag!!! I'm so glad you had a blast... EVEN if your favorite side-kick wasn't along. ;)

Soooo miss me this week ok? I'm taking my sock along and will knit down and back in the car... 5 hrs each way. Woowoo! Maybe I can get a heel done if I'm super lucky. Thats one S L O W sock.

OK... off to pack some more.

Wen said...

(tap tap tap)

You there? I was hoping to catch up on all my Alyssa news from while I was away.

Hope all is well!