Friday, June 1, 2007

Chinese Friday

Well, finally Friday. Why is it that the four day work weeks always
seem to take longer then a regular week? Especially when you just want
to get home and knit. (And maybe the girl next to you is in a piss ass
mood.(eyeroll))

Anywho. So I have been working on the sweater. It's coming along pretty good. Whenever I look at it, I just sigh. What a boring pain in the ass. Then, like I
said, I get sucked in. I'm lost. But I need to cast on the second sock
to the Trekking one I've already posted, and I need to cast on for
June's KAL dishcloth. I just don't know about that pattern though. And I
guess I'll use size 8 needles, although the pattern calls for 6 or 7.
But-I am a tight knitter, so.

A word about the "second sock syndrome". For me-this is not a problem. And I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I am a process knitter. I like the actual knitting
part. To be fair, though, I would not craft anything that didn't have a
purpose once it was done. I'm not a "sit-it-on-a-shelf-isn't-it-pretty"
kind of person. When I finish something, I want to use it in some way.
This is why I don't make many bags. I love bags. I have two felted
bags. And I don't use either one of them, so what is the point? But
truly-when I am sitting knitting, my mind isn't on 'how fast can I get
this done??' I'm just in my own world, knitting away, marveling at the
magic I am creating with just some fiber and two (or 4) sticks, and
thinking about life in general. I enjoy being in that moment.

No pictures today. It's late, and I have sassy pants project to work on.
But I have pictures to post, and a whole weekend of knitting. I'm a
happy camper!

1 comment:

Wen said...

Girl! Drag those bags out!!!