Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Best Laid Plans......


Me-At The Mannings
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
Yep-all me. And look! I'm knitting! This is indeed me. I am at the Mannings for the Knit-In on Saturday. (This past) We had a great time! I went with some friends from SnB, and we just sat outside all day long knitting. The weather was perfect, there were a lot of people there, it was just awesome! And yes, I may have shopped a *little*. I only bought a few things, as I never buy yarn unless I have a project/pattern for it. I'm just not all about the yarn stash!

In other news, I spent Sunday relaxing and fighting with the Jaywalker sock. Honestly-how in the world did I end up two stitches short on one of my needles?? Then, I tried to fix it, and that's where the problems really began. I dropped stitches, I cursed at the stupid pattern, I poked myself with the needles, I had to go into my scary basement to look for a small enough crochet hook to pick the frickin' stitches back up, I dropped the stitches even farther down so I was in the pattern row...blah blah blah. My mother had better love these socks. Honestly. Bitches.

So that was my Sunday, which leads me to Monday. Yeah. Work is a living nightmare, but let's not go into that. I did meet Wen, Cindy, and TJ at B&N for a knit night. YAY! Good times.

Now today. Another horrible day at work. (The wait is getting to everyone, and we're all stressin') So I plan to come home, do some bills, shave my legs (it's been a while. Shhh! It is NOT gross!), have a sit down with my new books, and basically spend the rest of the night just knittin' away, listening to my podcasts. But noooooo. I get home, and my Mom is working on this-this-thing. It's to hang on the wall behind the bride and groom at the reception(my cousin's getting married Saturday. Don't get me started on this one.) So anyway, I begin to help, and suddenly it's 8:45PM, I've done nothing I had planned to do, and my legs are going to have to go another day unshaved. But at least I'm blogging. I was planning on posting a picture of my Trekking socks, but then I remembered that I wore them to work yesterday, and they are in the wash. *Sigh* It's been a day. And tomorrow might just be another.

But anywho. So I was planning all these things I wanted to post about, and I think I've covered a bunch of them, but I really need to go get some crap done before it's time for bed! And I really would like to knit tonight, damn it!

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take a great picture. I am so jealous. I so do not. Broke into my knit picks needles - thanks girlie!! Hang in there. See you tomorrow.

Wen said...

Oh you are so funny! Love that leg shaving is blog-worthy. What a hoot! I hope that damn project is a masterpiece and your mom gets kudos from everyone. She deserves it... she's a dear as you!