Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What I should be doing....


Trekking Socks
Originally uploaded by writing_alyssa
There are a lot of things I *should* be doing. There is the reume that needs updated, and uploaded. The excerise I woke up too late to do this morning. The laundry that needs put away. The paperwork that should be put into some kind of order so I won't lose my resume disk in it's depths again. The grocery shopping that will get me through the rest of the week. Movies that should be watched so they can be sent back. The taped TV shows that need to be caught up on before the tape is lost in the jumble.

There is much to be done.

But none of it will get done on this day. This rainy, cool, fall-like day. No. Today I will be knitting and podcast listening. Because it's what I want to do. My knitting karma has gone to hell this whole week, and I will not neglect it for another day. And knitting brings us to a whole other list of 'to do'. 24 dishcloths, 2 pairs of socks, mittens, a cabled headband, a fun hat for my brother, and maybe even something for me. (Just while I'm at it, and all.)

I am blogging now, because in 5 minutes, my TV will be turned off, and life will be tuned out, even if it's only for a few hours. And I will be deep in my knitting world, with my only care being why my knitting karma has turned on me. And believe me-that's the least of my worries.

Happy Knitting, and keep walking past the open windows.

1 comment:

Wen said...

I know what you need... you need a day away just for knitting. Hey, whatta ya know?

Hang in there girly... its not your knitting karma, its the stress of the real world. Put on your head phones and run headlong to what you love. You go girl. I'll hold the door closed for you, so the world can't get in.

BIG HUGE HUGS!