Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sp11 Questionaire

Here it goes:

Here are is the questionnaire for SP11.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?-- I like wool and wool blends. I don't have any favorites-I like to try new things. Not big on novelty yarns or 100% cotton. And I don't mind acrylic in a blend. I'll add more to this one later!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?---- Uhhh...a mug. And the packaging they came it.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?----- I have been knitting for about a year and a half. I taught myself from the Stitch & Bitch book. I would say I fall somewhere between beginner and intermediate for my skill level. I'm not afraid to try things, but I still feel like there are some things beyond my grasp.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No

5. What's your favorite scent? ----I'm not big on scents. Non-fruity type stuff, I guess? I do not like vanilla (hate it, actually). Earthy-stuff. Ocean breeze, Storm, etc.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?---- Sadly, no sweet tooth. My favorite candies are Spree, Nerds, Jawbreakers, Gobstoppers, etc. I like candy like that. I don't hate chocolate, but it's not a favorite.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?----- I'm just a hardcore knitter. I don't spin. Anything other then knitting just takes me away from knitting!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) ------Music....I like pretty much everything with the exception of rap, heavy metal, elevator music. I can do MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?--- I love blues, greens, and purples. I hate red, or any variation of red.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? ----No kids, no hubby. Have a couple dogs and a couple cats. (I live with my parents for fear of no one knowing I've died or gone missing until I don't show up for work one day..... :) )

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?---- I'm sorry-but I don't wear any of these. I would probably wear a shaw or poncho.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?---- Love me some socks, and sweaters (top-down only!)

13. What are you knitting right now? ---OTN: SnB KAL dishcloth, top-down hooded cardigan, Jaywalker socks!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?--- Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?---- No prefrence to straight or circular. (I knit my socks on DPN-love them!) I like them both! I only knit with aluminum/metal needles because I am a tight knitter, and I need the smooth-ness to slide my stitches. Also-I think I'd break wooden needles. And I just like them best!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? ----No, but I'm gettin' pretty good at the center pull ball!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? ----July 1st-this year. (I like to get things off the needles-although I am not a "product knitter", I am more of a "process knitter")

18. What is your favorite holiday? Ah-Christmas. Love, love, love it! Come the first wave of cold weather, I'm itchin' to get that Christmas music going! And the lights, and decorations, ah! Love it!

19. Is there anything that you collect? No. But the 'stuff' I like is things with Gnomes, or turtles, or moose. There is a character-Tyrone-on the kids show 'The Backyardigans' that I think is really cute. He's a moose. (Kids shows are great to knit to. So are knitting podcasts-love them!)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?---- Hmmm..... this is a hard one. If there is something I really want, I ususally buy it for myself. Oh! The Elizabeth Zimmerman books. I have the almanac, but the books I'd like to get. And I' love some of those beaded stitchmarkers. And I'm sort-of looking for patterns for fingerless gloves, and a cabled shaw..... I don't have any magazine subscriptions, but I love to look at magazines!!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?---- Cables-this fall! No idea how to do them! I tend to learn things as needed. First comes the pattern, then the yarn, then I figure out the how-to of it all.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, yes, yes. I wear a size 8. My feet are narrow. And my ankles are skinny. I'll measure the curcumfrence of my foot: Ok-8 1/2 inches around.

23. When is your birthday?---- November 1st, 1978

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?---- Oh, not yet-but hopefully soon! (I'm on the list.)


Ok-I guess that's it. If you want to know anything else-all you have to do is ask! I don't have a yarn stash (except sock yarn, which we all know doesn't count.) I like kits, or enough yarn to make a 'something'. If I think of anything else-I'll post!

I am soooo excited about this!! YAY!!!

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

We share a birthday :-) Except I was born in 1979!